August 1, 2012

What National Uproar?

Let's talk about this national uproar that went on today. I love Chickfila as much as the next person, but today was a little ridiculous. Here's the facts. The owner was asked his opinion on gay marriage and he answered honestly, stating that he believed that marriage was created by God for a man and a women. Now, I completely agree with this. The owner did nothing wrong, he simply stated his beliefs. I believe that this whole Chickfila appreciation day got blown up to be something that it wasn't. A lot of customers of Chickfila went there today to support the owner in his statement, but a lot of them went because they are anti-gay. Well let me just say this, for those of you customers who went to Chickfila today to show how much you disagree with the gays, check yourself first. Sure, the Bible says that homosexuality is an abomination, but that was in the Old Testament. After the Old Testament, we are given grace for all of our sins. Just because you aren't a homosexual doesn't make you any better than those who are. We've all sinned. So if it isn't obvious, I didn't go to Chickfila today because I completely disagree with what went on today. I do NOT disagree with the companies beliefs, but what I do disagree with is the amount of people who went there today to show that they don't like gays and don't think they should be treated fairly. As Christians, we are called to love one another regardless of sin. Let's start doing that.

MAKE SURE TO READ THIS PART. I am absolutely not calling you a bad person if you went to Chickfila today. I completely respect Chickfila for their Christian beliefs and values. What I don't respect is the way some of the people handled today.
For those of you who claim to be a Christian, you will not get someone saved by pointing out their sins. You'll only end up making them angry and they won't listen to what you have to say. We should be sharing the message of grace, not condemning sinners to hell for what they've done.

Just to clarify one more time, if you went to Chickfila today with the right intentions, I'm totally with you.

And also, I will still be eating at Chickfila because that place is amazing. I can't live without their Chickfila sauce.

Today, my friend almost got me with a taser and made me cry. Checkmate, ya'll.

1 comment:

  1. Josh should never have been allowed to have a taser. Period. Lol. And I really like this post by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete