July 24, 2012

Bullies and Britian

I've been thinking a lot about bullying lately. (No, I'm not considering bullying someone, just keep reading.) Who hear is guilty of bullying someone? I guarantee that everyone reading this blog, and everyone not reading it, is. I remember being raised as a little girl and always being told that if anyone was bullying me, I should stand up for myself. (My dad actually said that I should hit them in the face with a tree branch, but you get the picture.) Because I was extremely shy, I faced some bullying from kids, but not really all that much (probably because I didn't talk to anyone.) Then, when I hit middle school, I'm one hundred percent positive that I became a bully. For the most part, I had gotten over my shyness, I was a cheerleader, and I had guy friends. (In my head I was popular, but looking back.....I was just extremely weird.) Anyways, there were a few girls that I remember always, and I mean everyday, making fun of. Not to their face, but behind their back. Finally, at the end of middle school, I got what I deserved and was left out by the popular girl in school. This point in time was when I became closest to my best friend, Savannah. Sidetrack here for a moment....Savannah is the reason that I am who I am today. Without her, I more than likely would have been an arrogant girl who ended up with no friends at the end of high school. She always kept me grounded. She doesn't know this, but she taught me that I should always be honest and loyal to my friends. There is not one time where she has betrayed my trust. (I almost wish she would so that I wouldn't feel so bad! Just kidding. Savannah, if you're reading this, don't do that.) Okay, now back to the point. So once I started high school, me and Savannah started hanging out with a different crowd than the so called "popular" crowd. Not that we weren't friends with those people, we just kind of had our own little group. So once tenth grade rolled around, I started dating one of my best friends (as most of you know already) and Savannah was trying so hard to not like her best friend, Logan. (Yes, I set them up, and I have never been prouder to say that. Savannah, I TOLD YOU.) Anyways, so throughout high school, I really only hung out with our little group. Although there are certain things I regret about my high school group, I know for a fact that if I could go back in time and change it, I wouldn't. That group of people is the reason that I have such a strong faith in God. I learned almost everything I know from them (and my parents, of course.) and I owe the world to them for that. Okay, I'm getting to my point, I promise. Throughout high school, I didn't deal with too much bullying besides the stupid high school drama that everyone has to go through. However, right there at the end of high school, I started experiencing it a little. I am in no way the victim of bullying, because I participated in it just as much as the other people did. SO, I've finally reached my point. I've been on both sides of bullying and I can only say this: If we would all stop and think about what we're posting on Twitter/Facebook/blogs/ect. and pretend that what we're saying was being said about us, there would be a lot less bullying going on. We don't realize how bad a post or tweet can hurt someone until it's being done to us. We should humble ourselves and realize that we've all made mistakes and that it isn't our place to point out other peoples faults. In the end, we're all the body of Christ, and when we cause someone to turn away from God because we're rude and hurtful, we're really only hurting God's cause.

I don't normally get this serious because I have the maturity level of a five year old, but this is something that has really been bothering me these last few days. Sorry if you don't like it, I promise to post a funny blog next :)

I'm not checking for spelling or grammar errors because I'm tired. Deal with it.

Today, I learned how to speak British. Yes, I now know that pavement pizza means vomit, knackered means tired, gobsmucked means shocked, and smog means kiss. My personal favorite was how to say "Back off." It is "ON YOUR BIKE." (Say that in an angry British accent. It is SO much fun.) That being said, Checkmate, ya'll.

No comments:

Post a Comment