July 22, 2012

Just a few thoughts

I had a few ideas for this blog but was feeling particularly wishy washy tonight, so I'm just going to put the bullet points in here and ramble about a few random things. Here's your chance to stop reading if you hate random thoughts!
  • At what point in life is it acceptable to just throw in the towel on dating and adopt some cute puppies? And why is everyone I know getting engaged while I just sit on my butt, read books, and eat too much food? Also, why am I so bad at having conversations with cute guys? (Here's typically how it sounds when I think I'm flirting. Cute guy: Hello. Me: Huh? What? Me? Really? You sure? Uhhhh, huh, hello.... Cute guy: Uhhhhhh...... Me: You have nice shoes." I'm sure you can tell that that does NOT work.)
  • I seriously want a British accent. If I had one, I would always say "You're a wizard Harry." (I've been reading those books too much.)
  • Honestly, people need to take grammar lessons. It's ridiculous. If I get one more text with "Idk", "Wassssup?", or someone incorrectly using to and too, I'm going to flip out. You got an education for a reason, use it.
  • Judging people based on what you hear is a terrible thing to do. I am really bad about judging people too soon, but recently I've had people judging me based on what they hear and they're completely wrong. For example, just because someone goes to a club doesn't mean they are crazy, drunk party whores. Maybe they're just trying to meet new people and hang out with their friends. A club is only bad if you make it bad. So don't judge people based on that. You can't know what's going on with someone based on rumors, wait until you get to know them.
  • I wish I hadn't been so quick to dislike people in high school. I put down so many people because they weren't like me. The truth is, just because someone isn't like you and may have made a bad first impression, doesn't mean that there isn't more to them. Give everyone a chance.
  • I've recently had to let go of a lot of resentment that I have towards certain people. And although I've let it go, it doesn't mean it's not still hard. But what I do know is that God has called us to love one another. So, that being said, I am working on letting go of the anger that I have towards this person and learning to love them regardless of the problem I have with them. That doesn't mean that I have to be their friend again, because nothing could fix what happened, but I do have to love them the way Christ does. We are all called to build His kingdom, and if we focus on that, nothing can stop God's will from being fulfilled. In summary of this, what I know is that I am going through an extremely hard time, but in the end, this is all for God's kingdom and I wouldn't trade that in for anything.
  • Which puppy is cuter? I love them :)












Today, I fell out of a blow up pool. Checkmate, ya'll.

No comments:

Post a Comment